About This Blog

My Precocious Yorkshire Terrier, Dolly, has graciously given me a corner on her website. Here I may vent and generally just ramble, but I also will share my interests with you. Hope you like at home with D in "D's" Corner.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Two Minute Chocolate Lava Cake with Caramel Toffee Sauce



Ok, for all of
Chocolate Lava Cake with Caramel Toffee Sauce
you Chocoholics that are reading my Blog, this one is a real winner:  I love Chocolate, Period.  It’s always a challenge, when you have that chocolate pang, what to make that is quick and simple that will drive away the withdraw from the last fix.  I promise this is the quickest and best chocolate dessert cake you have ever had.  The dessert, I kid you not, takes 2 minutes to make, one to mix and one to cook.  Alright, I lied, that’s only for the cake the sauce actually takes about 5 times that amount of time.
I like to use plastic baggies and make batches of the dry ingredients so all I have to do is mix with the wet, when I am ready make one of these.  (Here’s a hint, make these for dessert for a dinner party and your guests will think you slaved for hours)  You will not believe, how light, spongy and Chocolate oozy moist these are, until you make your fist one.  The original Idea for these came from a pinterest post I saw about a year ago, but that recipe I hated, as it called for peanut butter.  It was dry and nasty, so I began to do my thing and eventually came up with this recipe.  Please People, if you are going to do this, make your own sauce, don’t buy it in a jar.  The Caramel Toffee Sauce will last in the fridge for a couple of weeks or you can freeze it.  Just warm it up before serving.  Also, if you are going to substitute, please don’t tell me (I can see the Milk chocolate and Bosco flying now) it won’t taste the same.  Here we go:
Note#1 Make the Caramel Toffee Sauce First and set aside or prepare in advance and refrigerate.  Make the cake(s) just before you are ready for dessert and serve hot.
Note#2 if you substitute 1/4 cup of Chopped Dates in place of the Apple Sauce you will come fairly close to English Sticky Toffee Pudding, which I love when visiting the UK. (Note!, save your cards and letters, yes I do know English Sticky Toffee Pudding does not use Chocolate, this would be the colonies version, Specifically New Jersey)

For Caramel Toffee Sauce
(Note, this is a half recipe Sauce will serve 4)
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 Tablespoons butter
3 ounces Heavy cream
Directions:
Melt the Butter in a small sauce pan over Medium High Heat.  Add the Sugar and keep stirring until the mixture darkens to caramel color then add the cream and cook on Medium heat until the sauce achieves a desired thickness. 

The Lava Cake
1 Tablespoon (Packed) brown sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Tablespoon Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons (Chunky) Applesauce
1/8 Cup Large Bitter Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips (I use Ghirardelli’s 60% Cacao)
Directions:
In a small bowl, stir the egg, brown sugar, Apple Sauce, flour, cocoa and baking powder with a fork. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a “Pam Sprayed” ramekin or Coffee mug.
Microwave for 60 - 90 seconds. (Eyeball this, as each Microwave is different and depending on the Size and Quantity of Cups at one time, will vary slightly) invert onto a plate. Cover with warm sauce and serve hot, sprinkled with a little Powdered Sugar and Whipped Cream if desired.  Serves 1.

Hope you enjoy this, I love it.
David

No comments:

Post a Comment