About This Blog

My Precocious Yorkshire Terrier, Dolly, has graciously given me a corner on her website. Here I may vent and generally just ramble, but I also will share my interests with you. Hope you like at home with D in "D's" Corner.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Sweet Tooth Passion (Oatmeal Cream Pies)

Here is a Diabetic Nightmare, but I can't help myself.  I love Little Debbie Cakes and these are the closest thing to them.  I made a batch last week and I am hungering for another batch.  For those of you that don't have to watch what you eat, enjoy the recipe:

Home Made Oatmeal Cream pies
Oatmeal Cream Pie
(makes 18 -24 cream pies)

Pie (recipe)

1 ¼ cup Softened Butter
1 cup (packed) Brown Sugar
½ cup Regular Sugar
1 ½ cups flour
3 Cups Quaker Oats
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp salt (if using salted butter omit)
¼ tsp Cinnamon
Pre Heat oven 375 degrees
Beat the butter and sugars until creamy
Add Vanilla and egg and continue to mix.
In a separate bowl, combine the Flour, Salt, Baking Soda and Cinnamon, then
Add the oats and mix well.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the Butter and Sugar mix a little at a time
Until well incorporated.
Use a small ice-cream scoop (2 inch) and drop onto cookie sheets lined with Parchment paper
Allow 2 inches between mounds.
Bake 10 minutes at 375.  Allow to cool for several minutes then transfer to wire rack to
Finish cooling.

Cream Filling

½ cup Softened Butter
2 Cups Confectioner Sugar
2 tsp Whipping Cream
1 tsp Almond extract (or vanilla)
Mix ingredients in a bowl then beat on high until fluffy.

Spread 1 tsp of cream filling between 2 cookies to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment